• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remote mirror adjuster bezel nut

Hemirunner

Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Is there a spanner style wrench available for this thing? If not, what’s the best way to remove?
A9A09AE3-272B-4F38-B595-DEF42C7B52B7.jpeg

yep ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
also some of the antenna removal tools.

I bought a socket off of eBay and also one for the antenna nut.

I have also taped the end of a flat blade screw driver and just put it in the slot then tapped down on the screwdriver with my palm....

you can use long nose pliers with tape around the ends so it doesn't scrap the chrome

Make a socket with an old socket and a dremel. Cant be too hard to do.

Maybe a piece of hard wood and small dead blow hammer to break it loose?

I used a long nose, needle nose pliers. Put the tips in the 2 slots opposite of each other. Use one hand to squeeze the plier handles to keep the tips in the slots, Use a screwdriver through the legs of the pliers, below the hinge as a turning lever.... Put masking tape on the door panel to keep from scratching it when the pliers slip off..........................................MO

Is there a spanner style wrench available for this thing? If not, what’s the best way to remove?
View attachment 890174
There is a special socket for that, and it enables you to hold the lever while turning the nut. Spray some WD-40 in there first to lube up your nut before attempting to undo it. Going in dry will potentially cause binding. :)

Try a grinder disc spanner/wrench - I'm sure you have one or two floating about. Maybe even fashion one up with some flat bar steel.
upload_2020-1-5_22-44-57.png

or

upload_2020-1-5_22-45-36.png

There is always more than one way to skin a cat. :lol:

Thanks for the picture . That confirms for me that the adjust lever is supposed to be bent................................MO
It was straight when I put it on. I’m needing to replace it as I bent it getting in over the roll bar.

It was straight when I put it on. I’m needing to replace it as I bent it getting in over the roll bar.
That stud unscrews. You can also straighten carefully once removed...

Auto Transport Service
Back