• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Remote Mirror Control KNOB - 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:24 PM
Reaction score
Need a nice STRAIGHT mirror control knob for the door rebuild. This one wasn't as strong as my arm!

THANKS!
superbirdbentdoor 043.jpg

Believe it or not you can straighten that very easily… I have done quite a few..

I taped the shaft part and tapped it down with a hammer, very lightly. Then rolled it back and forth tapping it.. untaped it and it wasn’t even nicked.. I used a solid piece of steel in my vice that was only wide enough so the chrome ball end and the threaded end never got touched… Hope that explains it well..

I taped the shaft part and tapped it down with a hammer, very lightly. Then rolled it back and forth tapping it.. untaped it and it wasn’t even nicked.. I used a solid piece of steel in my vice that was only wide enough so the chrome ball end and the threaded end never got touched… Hope that explains it well..
Thanks.. it does indeed unscrew from the 3 cable head correct?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back