• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removal of A-pillar drip rail

George Diniz

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the drip rail from the A-pillar? Not the trim, but the actual metal drip rail? I wanted to salvage it so that I can replace metal and door post. I thought that I had found the spot welds, but they weren’t spot welds. If anyone has removed these drip rails, without destroying them, I could use some pointers on the best way to do that.

Thanks!

Has anyone removed the drip rail from the A-pillar? Not the trim, but the actual metal drip rail? I wanted to salvage it so that I can replace metal and door post. I thought that I had found the spot welds, but they weren’t spot welds. If anyone has removed these drip rails, without destroying them, I could use some pointers on the best way to do that.

Thanks!
Thanks to anyone who may have given my inquiry any thought, but I have since worked through the problem successfully.

Please do share! I have no idea how that can be done, so I'd love to learn!

Please do share! I have no idea how that can be done, so I'd love to learn!
I'm thinking cut them and every few inches leave a short piece of the original to hold it together while stitch welding the cut off parts? I did a K frame like that and it came out well. I solid welded the K frame once all the cut areas were tack welded.

On what type of car? On my 71 SSP the driver side came off by taking the screws out and cutting a couple spot welds. The passenger side was held on only with the screws. The replacement A pillar I tired to steal the drip rail off on the driver side (mine was rusty) was a complete nightmare with how many spot welds there were.

Auto Transport Service
Back