• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remove Rear Seat

Dobaroy

Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
We are trying to remove the rear seat out of the 1975 Charger. Does anyone here have any suggestions?
Thanks

yes.....eat a big bowl of WHEATIES......collect your thoughts....have a cigarette......and prepare yourself for the biggest fight of your life. they either pop right out...OR...theyre a fight.

push DOWN and BACK at the same time. you will probably have to remove one rear arm rest and the window crank if it has one! roll down the windows .AND GOOD LUCK JOHN GLENN.

^ All true. Mine had a very slight outward angle as well as the basic J-shaped hook, so the seatback and I did a violent dance for a good 15 minutes before any joy happened.

Here's a shortcut: if you don't mind shelling out $20 for a new cardboard trunk/seat divider, tear the original one out and then you can see your enemy right from the trunk.

down, in , and up about 1 foot in from each side.. the back portion is held by 2 bendable tabs. out and up.

I had to resort to using a bottlejack laid on its side and a couple of strategicaly placed 2x6s.

Thanks for the replies guys, guess I gave up too easy, will give it another try tomorrow.

Auto Transport Service
Back