• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removed A/C Blower Motor Wiring

Charger1969B

Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T that has had the A/C removed from it, but still has the blower motor intact coming through the firewall. The new wiring harness that was installed is a non-A/C harness. My question is, the blower motor has a ground wire, and another wire coming out of it. If I want to keep the blower motor functional, where do I wire the "hot" wire to? If I simply wire it to a power source won't it continuously run, or is it still operated by the fan lever in on the dash? I can't seem to make heads or tails from the FSM wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tell us a little more about the the new harness. Factory copy from M&H? Aftermarket? The fan motor only has a hot and a ground. Your harness must match up to the fan switch and speed resistor in the box.

Yes it's a factory copy from M&H, but I don't see a "hot" connection for the blower motor. M&H Harness #38352 (Eng Harn-Elec Ign/Late Alt, 1969 B bdy 440 w/o 6pk) bought through YearOne. I did not disconnect or mess with the fan switch and speed resistor in the box. Maybe they didn't include it, or maybe it's a separate harness? If so, where would the "hot" line connect to into the terminal block if I just run a wire over to it? Or would I just a hot anywhere say off of the starter relay or battery?

I do believe that it is a separate harness for the A/C

Do you know if the blower motor "hot" wire is part of that the A/C Heater harness, I can't tell?

I'm assuming all your interior components are still AC/heater, you haven't stated otherwise. The blower needs to get power from the speed resistor on the heater/evaporator case. I'm guessing there should be a grommet on the firewall for the wire to pass through.

Do you still have the AC/heater push-button control in the dash?

Yes, the blower motor and AC compressor power wires are part of a seperate harness and tie in at the bulkhead connnector. They are not part of the engine harness. They would be part of the wiper harness, but they do not come with the wiper harness, they are sold seperately.

Hey Guys,

I have a 1969 Dodge Charger 440 R/T that has had the A/C removed from it, but still has the blower motor intact coming through the firewall. The new wiring harness that was installed is a non-A/C harness. My question is, the blower motor has a ground wire, and another wire coming out of it. If I want to keep the blower motor functional, where do I wire the "hot" wire to? If I simply wire it to a power source won't it continuously run, or is it still operated by the fan lever in on the dash? I can't seem to make heads or tails from the FSM wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure which harness has been replaced. If your under dash harness has not been disturbed, you need to run that green wire from the blower motor to the top firewall plug "B" (second from the top right) The blue wire on "A" is not needed if you no longer have a compressor
Here is a diagram showing that firewall plug.

100_9831.JPG 100_9832.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back