• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing Bumper Fillers

71newp

Local time
10:54 PM
Reaction score
I have also listed this in the "Paint, Exterior, etc" forum but I thought this forum might be a more direct source of information: I am trying to remove the bumper filler from the passenger-side rear bumper of my 1976 Cordoba. Can these be taken off of the car without removing the bumper? I have removed all the screws that are holding it in. There is no way that I can pull it "out" because the bumper is holding it in. I have been trying to pull it "in", but there is a lot of resistance. I am wondering if it is futile to try to pull it in, or if there is some trick? Or? Thank you!

Im pretty sure the bumper has to be removed.

They are screwed into the back of the bumper, there is a nut that is raised and welded into the bumper, so yes the bumper will need to be removed. I am basing this on my neighbors 76 Charger and both cars were on the same body. If I'm wrong, you may call me what ever you want.:)

IIRC: 3 or 4 screws to the plate under the trunk, another 3 or 4 into the back lip of the quarter and at least one in to the bottom of the tail light housing. Comes down pretty straight but gotta screw screw it somewhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back