• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Repacement Headlight Bulbs for a 1971 Charger

Wookie316

Local time
6:37 AM
Reaction score
Hi.
Has anyone found a more modern bulb that replaces the old stock headlight sealed beam bulbs? Something brighter? Looking for ideas for replacement. Thanks.

i used sealed beam hologen lights, but i also rewired them so the switch energizes a relay, and the lights get power straight off the battery wit 8 guage wiring and a seperate fuse for each light. obviously not the way you want to go if you have a fully restored car, but it is much brighter and you don't have the full electrical load of the lights going through the switch

X2 on what he said! A great idea! I did this on my 95 Ram cause the constant use of hi-beams ,in the country where I live, runs too much current through the switch, and it would get hot and burn-out every few years. I rewired the lights with a fuse and a double-relay. Now, all my switch does is send a low-current signal to the relay and that powers the lights. And now they are brighter than ever due to no voltage drop from the old, long, circuit!

Auto Transport Service
Back