• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replace hood skin?

jt4406

Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have success replacing the hood skin on a 69 Coronet N96 hood? Got pics of the process? Also, I would like to paint it black?!?! Issues?
TIA Jess in ky

On a N96 is the under structure different then a stock hood? I always figured holes were added for the n96????

On a N96 is the under structure different then a stock hood? I always figured holes were added for the n96????
Structure is the same,you just have to do some careful cutting and drilling.

only tack it into place in a couple of spots, then bolt it to the car with fenders on before welding up the plugs

Is it that much more cost effective than just buying a standard hood and bolting your N96 stuff to it?

If your asking if you can cut the holes without splitting the panels,then I suppose you can. Or if your saying to just bolt on the ramcharger assembly with no holes, I am not sure why you would bother.

If you split the panels it is easier to modify,you can take care of any rust on the front or back lip and you can replace the anti flutter foam so it is easier to block out.

I'm selling a rock solid N96 hood from a hemi Superbee on eBay. $1000. Local pickup only because I tried to ship it to a member but the shipping quote was around $500.
KIMG0870.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back