• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replaced My Power Steering Box With A "Firm" Feel One From Steer & Gear On My 70 RR

soundhd

Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Just finished replacing the power steering box on my 70 RR with one from Steer & Gear from Columbus Ohio. Had to order it. They build to order and have 3 options for how you want it to feel. OEM (the normal loose feeling that Mopars had back in the day...LOL), firm and a track style (very firm I would think for drag racing). Anyway went with the "firm" feel one and what I difference, just got back from the alignment shop and I guess I have to say that today was the first time since I starting driving it (this has been the second summer I have had it out) that I really enjoyed driving the car.
Handles, steers & tracks like a modern day car (well..almost...LOL). This is the way to go if you ever need to replace your power steering box.

I put in the same box in my 70 RR. I agree with soundhd 100% !!!

I did the same with my cuda a few years ago and it was a great improvement, though I would hardly say it made it drive like a modern car. No one should hesitate in picking stage 3. Pick 1 or 2 and you might not notice any difference.

Got one too. The best. Amazing difference in control on freeway. Got the 1, would get 2 next time.

I went with stage 2 it feels good. But I still need to contact them to see how to adjust it. It pulls to the right some. Its not too bad but I have gotten other issues fixed and its time to take care of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back