• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement radiators?

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Turns out my new old radiator has over 30 cracks in the tank. They’re telling me it’s basically not repairable. What’s your thoughts on OER style replacement radiators?

OER radiators are US Radiators reboxed. If you want to stay with copper/brass OEM look, then these are excellent quality. If you don't mind your radiator looking like it was hand fabricated, then Champion is not a bad pick either. But be careful which Champion model you pick. They make 'small' 2 row, small 3 row and small 4 row. For a hot climate or big motor, 4 row is recommended.

Lastly, if you like the idea of an aluminum radiator but you also like an OEM look, then I would like to throw our name in the mix.

Cold Case has stamped tanks, 2 'big' rows which cools even better than 4 small rows. Price is just slightly less than Champion 4 row. That's BEFORE I help out with a Forum member discount. :)

Shoot me a PM if interested.

If your car is original, and want to keep it that way, Glen-ray is the Way to Go, call Bob S.
1226191356.jpg

3 row or 4 for 440?

If its stock a 2 'big' rows will do or a smaller 3 row. I have Champions in both my mopars. Both work well as well as the fitment is good. Last year I bought the latest Champion and they come nicely polished, better than the first one I got 6 yrs ago.

Glen Ray if you want to keep it stock. His work is quality.

I am running an aluminum 2 row I bought on ebay. Original looking stamped tanks and factory mounting tabs. Shroud attaches without modification.

My Coronet has a stroker 496 with a BCool set up, no issues at all with overheating.

Glen Ray if you want to keep it stock. His work is quality.

I am running an aluminum 2 row I bought on ebay. Original looking stamped tanks and factory mounting tabs. Shroud attaches without modification.
Do you know what the brand name is on the 2 row?

OER radiators are US Radiators reboxed. If you want to stay with copper/brass OEM look, then these are excellent quality. If you don't mind your radiator looking like it was hand fabricated, then Champion is not a bad pick either. But be careful which Champion model you pick. They make 'small' 2 row, small 3 row and small 4 row. For a hot climate or big motor, 4 row is recommended.

Lastly, if you like the idea of an aluminum radiator but you also like an OEM look, then I would like to throw our name in the mix.

Cold Case has stamped tanks, 2 'big' rows which cools even better than 4 small rows. Price is just slightly less than Champion 4 row. That's BEFORE I help out with a Forum member discount. :)

Shoot me a PM if interested.
pm sent

Sonny, if you are looking for one for that beautiful 63, don't even think of anyone else. Call Bob at Glen-Ray. He has done several for me and they all look like you went down to the dealership in the 60's and picked one up.
He might be a little backed up, but worth the wait.

If your car is original, and want to keep it that way, Glen-ray is the Way to Go, call Bob S.
View attachment 984139
I forgot about Glen-Ray when offering various options. I agree that if you have a very original numbers matching car and want to keep it that way, this is a great option. A lot of people think it's an expensive recore but this place goes well beyond a recore.

Auto Transport Service
Back