• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacement yoke A833 trans

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Looks like my 66 Hemi Satellite 30 spline yoke has .003 wear in the bushing area and needs replacing. It’s a 1330 u-joint yoke as is the driveshaft. It’s a real long yoke - 9” from tip to joint CL. Brewers doesn’t have a direct replacement for this although I could put a 1350 yoke in it with a combo 1330/1350 u-joint.

The only yokes I found that were 30 spline with 1330 u-joints was for a Dodge Dakota or such. They look kind of light duty and over-length with the splines very deeply recessed in the barrel.

Interesting that Brewers does carry a HD Spicer 1330 u-joint kit specifically for 66/67 440 and 426 cars?

I do have an old yoke out of my 67 GTX that is a 1330 all around but is kind of short at 7-1/2”. And it has about .001 wear which is at least better.

Has anyone run across a proper 70s era Mopar 30 spline yoke, 1.680” barrel, 1330 u-joint yoke anywhere? Any thoughts on which way is the best to go?

Studying a little further it looks like these 13/130 30 spline yokes out there listed for late model pickups will not fit an A833. So that’s out.

Compare 66 to 67 yokes splines the 66 has no splines for about 2" inside. Is the 67 yoke splined all or most of inside? Maybe somebody has driveshaft or will remove yoke.

The yoke off my 67 is 7-1/2” long compared to 9” for the one off the 66 - but I have no idea if either are original.

The splines are really deep down in the 66 yoke but I haven’t measured them. It seems like they are about an inch recessed in the one off the 67. Most of the replacement yokes are listed as 8” long but I don’t know if they only measure the barrel length or to the center of the yoke.

Do they have heavy ring near yoke? If so probably original.

No, this one doesn’t. Probably lost it somewhere over time like the original engine & transmission.

I remember now from rebuilding the A727 in my 67 that Mopar switched spline profiles some time in the 80s or 90s so that’s why the Dakota yokes don’t fit. I think I wanted to replace the 1330 yoke in the 67 because it seemed short in overall engagement. I bought a longer one but from memory I think it was a 1350 yoke also and I used a combination u-joint.

So, I probably don’t want to use that other short 1330 yoke I have even though it’s minimally worn. Which unless someone knows of another source, means I’ll be going with a 1350 u-joint yoke again.

1330 yokes are tough to find. You would have buy the whole d-shaft.

It has been a few years but I used
( Dennys Drive Shaft Service )

Auto Transport Service
Back