• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing 67 Satellite convertible rear interior panels (the plastic parts)

Kayo

Local time
10:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi all--I'm posting this here and on the bodywork forum as well to be sure to catch anyone who has experience or interest in this topic. The interior rear side panels on both sides next to the back seat on my car need to be replaced. One side has a big chunk broken off the bottom and the other is badly cracked. I've been advised to save myself the trouble of scouring the salvage yards for donor parts because the parts must come off a convertible and there just weren't enough made to find these intact after all these years. There just aren't any replacement parts either.

I'm in the process of trying to get a fiberglas fabricator to make a mould and recreate the parts for me. I'd like to find out if anyone here has already done this. If so, is the mould still out there? If not, is anyone else looking for these parts and are you interested in having some made when I get mine made with the idea that the mould can be used until it breaks and the price for the parts comes down with volume. Also, the fiberglas will be stronger and more durable than the original plastic and can be painted any color needed.

Kayo

Thanks to all, especially The Claw who went above and beyond in assisting me in obtaining replacement/donor parts. I appreciate everyone's input who contacted me.

Auto Transport Service
Back