• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing bucket seats in Dodge Ram 2500 anyone done this?

64SF

Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I've been thinking about changing the front seats in my 2006 Dodge 2500 mega cab for a pair that's a little more comfortable for road trips.

The current seats are stock and I have noticed that the support and comfort is/has a lot to be desired. Plus I'm getting a little older and the back just isn't what it use to be.

If anyone has made a change what was used?

Thanks

Not a Dodge, but in my daily beater Ford Ranger, I picked up a pair of removable middle seat "captain chairs" from a Kia minivan. I took off the heavy removable bases used in the van, and was easily able to adapt the Kia seats to the brackets from the Ford seats. They don't recline, but they do fold forward, and have fold down armrests. Work great for me. (before and after pics)
20160521_194452.jpg
DSC00012.JPG

You got tons of room and a good area to mount just about anything and the hight needed you shouldn't have a issue adapting anything
Might I suggest a set of srt8 bucket's I find the ones in my bee are quite comfortable.also the bucket's in my king ranch aren't bad ether ! But just about anything is better then the Dodge seats in your truck! I had one I Know I had a pillow for my *** and back ! With my back causing nerve pain I would loose complete sensation in my right leg after a hour driving my truck . I don't have that issue in the ford but there still not the greatest

Go to local junk yard and start testing seats like beds !

You could pull the covers off, refoam and put the covers back on.

I've been thinking about changing the front seats in my 2006 Dodge 2500 mega cab for a pair that's a little more comfortable for road trips.

The current seats are stock and I have noticed that the support and comfort is/has a lot to be desired. Plus I'm getting a little older and the back just isn't what it use to be.

If anyone has made a change what was used?

Thanks
check these guys out, Scat ProCar seats
they may have something you like,
I have a pair of their Elite 1100's in my RR, I love em'

I don't think I'd use that specific seat in my truck
but they have a really good selection
https://www.carid.com/procar/
Jeggs & Summit Racing both sell them Scat ProCar seats
after/when you find something you like
free shipping that way too

Maybe try a suspension seat like some aftermarket Jeeps have/do
or even some Factory Jeep seats for that mater
Quadratec is one brand, Smittybilt

some that have Carhart covers too,
specific brand name is alluding me, I'm having a senior-moment
(Jeep specific) Black Mountain, Bestop & Rough Country
are a couple others too
I'm sure you could adapt them to fit a Ram truck

a few of the above make Ram specific bases,
I'm pretty sure too, don't quote me

check these guys out, Scat ProCar seats
they may have something you like,
I have a pair of their Elite 1100's in my RR, I love em'

I don't think I'd use that specific seat in my truck
but they have a really good selection
https://www.carid.com/procar/
Jeggs & Summit Racing both sell them Scat ProCar seats
after/when you find something you like
free shipping that way too

Maybe try a suspension seat like some aftermarket Jeeps have/do
or even some Factory Jeep seats for that mater
Quadratec is one brand, Smittybilt

some that have Carhart covers too,
specific brand name is alluding me, I'm having a senior-moment
(Jeep specific) Black Mountain, Bestop & Rough Country
are a couple others too
I'm sure you could adapt them to fit a Ram truck

a few of the above make Ram specific bases,
I'm pretty sure too, don't quote me
Your right, Scat pro car seats are nice. I used them before. My last build I used Audi TT seats, just perfect.

Last edited:
The Audi TT seats don't come electric, but the forward and back travel is a bunch. They have a hydraulic cylinder for up and down travel, 3 inches. The side bolsters are plastic on the outside to match the seat and hold up better. They are also heated. You fit in them like a glove, very comfortable and zero side movement.

Auto Transport Service
Back