• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

replacing steering wheel

jeff Mentzer

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
My stock '66 satellite wheel has cracks with gaps and I cant seem to find a decent replacement for under $300. I see tons of vintage gm wheels at very good prices and was wondering if anyone took the time to install another manufacturers steering wheel in their mopar?

Last edited:
We fixed my 65's with JB Weld sanded it, painted it to match and a clear coat.Just takes a bit of time.Cost was about $20 in material.This is when we were putting the car together.In the photo it looks like it don't match.In real life it does.
IMG_1799.jpg

We fixed my 65's with JB Weld sanded it, painted it to match and a clear coat.
I have considered the same approach. Good to hear you had success with it. Maybe one of these days I'll get ambitious.

I repaired my 65 Coronet wheel with JB also. Filled the cracks at the spoke to wheel junctions and repainted. Then I purchased a custom leather wrap (darker blue to match top of dash) to hide all the crazing around the wheel and keep the paint from wearing. I'm very pleased with the outcome.
Mike
PS: Can't load the photo?

Auto Transport Service
Back