• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Replacing window felt/weatherstrip

Vanderstel

Local time
6:27 AM
Reaction score
67 Satellite hardtop - no post.

I've got a set of replacement strips from Classic, and I've got the rear strips replaced, inner and outer. Not really that hard, I did drop the window, but clips for the fronts seem different. The outer rears press in from the side horizontally..

The fronts however appear to snap in in a downward direction by looking at the clips that come preinstalled. That means to remove the old ones I'd pull them out in an upward direction? Correct?

Do the door windows need to be removed before I attempt to install the new felts?

Outer
IMG_5877 copy.jpg
Inner
IMG_5878 copy.jpg

Lower the stops so you can drop the windows then slide a straight piece of welding rod or straight coat hanger thru all clips. Then position so clips leading edge protrudes into slot. Then carefully with drwY wire as they snap into place. Remember to tape top edge to avoid nicks and scratches

I've watched a video on installing a regulator & window in a 68 charger. I see an upper stop, but I didn't see any lower stops. Unless I disconnect the regulator and drop it down with the window still attached. Can explain what I'm missing?

Auto Transport Service
Back