• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Requesting pics of A/C

SirSixPack

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
I would like to see some pics of SixPack cars with A/C compressors. I am thinking of putting A/C in mine and have not decided how to mount yet. Manufacturers of the compressor and/or mounts would be helpful as well.

Thanks.

Trim the Air Cleaner?

I've seen two cars with factory A/C compressors & six packs. Both guys cut off about 2" from the front of the air cleaner base to clear the compressor. If I remember correctly the cut is more towards the passenger side and goes right up to the edge of the filter.

I've seen two cars with factory A/C compressors & six packs. Both guys cut off about 2" from the front of the air cleaner base to clear the compressor. If I remember correctly the cut is more towards the passenger side and goes right up to the edge of the filter.

You don't have to do that with the compressor bracket that these people make http://bouchillonperformance.com/BPEaircondition.asp
The compressor mounts under the alternator and you use the smaller mor efficient compressor. You have to use an electric fuel pump as the stock mechanical one will no longer fit.

Auto Transport Service
Back