• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

requirements before being able to post For Sale ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

1967coronet440

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
A lot of the guys are annoyed with people signing up posting a **** for sale ad or posting other people’s parts and vanishing, can we get some type of requirement put in place before you can post anything for sale? Minimum posting limit etc...

Like becoming a "Known Member" first. Have to have so many post before you're allowed to do the for sale section?

Like becoming a "Known Member" first. Have to have so many post before you're allowed to do the for sale section?
A good idea, but I recently followed a thread on FABO where even that didn't prevent a major problem for one unlucky member. :poke:

Yeah -- that's one of those things that looks good on paper and not so much in practice.

I just checked the first page of ads in 3 forums --- Not a single member with less then 45 posts. I don't see the big problem here.

If you don't trust buying a part from someone with only a handful of posts, then don't buy from them. Simple.

I remember a guy who popped in here with a 4 speed trans. Got it out of his Dad's garage. Wasn't a Mopar guy. Thought this was the place to sell it. I don't know if it ever sold, but he hasn't been back since. Point being a B-body trans was offered through a drop in seller. Not necessarily a bad thing.

A good idea, but I recently followed a thread on FABO where even that didn't prevent a major problem for one unlucky member. :poke:

Well without getting into Ebay type requirements, a probationary period might weed out the "Site Jumpers" that just want free advertising or worse yet, a place to do their scamming.

Well without getting into Ebay type requirements, a probationary period might weed out the "Site Jumpers" that just want free advertising or worse yet, a place to do their scamming.
You mean like "Mr 1 of 289" Dodge Charger R/T for sale?:poke:

That guy who bought the part on FABO was a moron IMO. Just one of the pitfalls of buying and selling unfortunately.

I remember another site having a 15 minimum posts before you could make a for sale post.. I never made it that far because I was annoyed with having to post 15 times just trying to sell a intake :) Just kidding but yea a minimum post count would help.

It's a wonderful it doesn't happen on here more than it does. And it doesn't that often.

It's a wonderful it doesn't happen on here more than it does. And it doesn't that often.

Exactly. It doesn't happen often, and usually when it does, its people with multiple posts anyway.

Like I said -- don't trust someone because they only have a post or two? Then don't buy from them. Its really simple.

A lot of the guys are annoyed with people signing up posting a **** for sale ad or posting other people’s parts and vanishing, can we get some type of requirement put in place before you can post anything for sale? Minimum posting limit etc...

So why does this concern you?
You are just a member like everyone else.
Are you special?
Not trying to start sh@t just interested!

So why does this concern you?
You are just a member like everyone else.
Are you special?
Not trying to start sh@t just interested!
First of all, yes I am special...

It concerns me for a few reasons

Good people possibly getting ripped off.

People not following the site rules ( posting a price with the ad for one )

People trying to peddle their garbage, clogging up my feed with a bunch of crap. If I want to see that I’ll go to eBay or CL. Although I will admit that once the regulars take notice it gets entertaining.

I know I’m not the only one concerned with it.

@Joeychgo if nothing can be done thanks for responding and feel free to close the thread to prevent it from carrying on too long.

Anyone else have questions for me shoot me a PM

Thanks,
Bo

some of the best deals i ever found on here
were from people with very low post counts.
that would suck if that was taken away

i'm with Joey
more rules will not make up for someone's lack of common sense.

And if you do buy something from anyone, don’t send a money order, check, transfer funds to a bank or gift a payment in PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back