• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RESCUED 69 big block four speed A body Barracuda

cbodybob

Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
Sitting in the woods behind the shop for 20 plus years. I negotiated on this car for over a year & posted about over on FCBO. Finally struck a deal. Turned it over to my well deserving buddy who works for my channel & we rescued it. One of three cool old MOPARS we drug out of the woods from that place. Click on the picture to open the video and enjoy the 18 minute of MOPAR bliss
RESCUED ! 69 Big Block 4 speed Barracuda (18 minute video)
This is what we do.

I'll check it out on your channel! 440'

Nice catch! Looks like it has deluxe interior too.

The shackle issue during loading reminds me of FW header drawbacks.

WAS a cool car...

could maybe be a cool project
I'm sure it has rust too
sitting open for 20 years & on dirt/in the weeds

always liked that model/style & engine trans combo

(usually, a Formula S too)

WAS a cool car...

could maybe be a cool project
I'm sure it has rust too
sitting open for 20 years & on dirt/in the weeds

always liked that model/style & engine trans combo

(usually, a Formula S too)
Putting together a second video already. It’s on the lift. We’ve just been to busy with other cars to do too much with it. It’s not too bad. But we need to dig further.
9F3FA7E7-73CD-44CD-B6FC-A5D3485F5950.jpeg
9F3FA7E7-73CD-44CD-B6FC-A5D3485F5950.jpeg

Nice catch! Looks like it has deluxe interior too.

The shackle issue during loading reminds me of FW header drawbacks.
Yep deluxe int. Looks like it was black on saddle tan.
Also it was street raced. Cars past owner had that pedigree & we’ve discovered a few things in the car to verify

I frequented a mopar salvage yard in Port Byron NY back in the ‘80’s owned by a local mopar racer (out of respect for his family I won’t print his name) who was a real mopar guy.
He saved a lot of cars throughout the ‘70’s when everyone else was crushing and parting them out. One of them was a black ‘69 383 4speed Cuda that his son was supposed to get when he became old enough.
I remember it was stored in a large shed on the property with some other choice mopars and it was really nice & all original.
Unfortunately he was a depression sufferer who sadly in 1997 snapped, taking his wife’s life, setting fire to his properties, and then taking his own life.
I think the Cuda was in one of the buildings he set on fire.

Last edited:
I frequented a mopar salvage yard in Port Byron NY back in the ‘80’s owned by a local mopar racer (out of respect for his family I won’t print his name) who was a real mopar guy.
He saved a lot of cars throughout the ‘70’s when everyone else was crushing and parting them out. One of them was a black ‘69 383 4speed Cuda that his son was supposed to get when he became old enough.
I remember it was stored in a large shed on the property with some other choice mopars and it was really nice & all original.
Unfortunately he was a depression sufferer who sadly in 1997 snapped, taking his wife’s life, setting fire to his properties, and then taking his own life.
I think the Cuda was in one of the buildings he set on fire.
Damn that’s too bad. Very sorry no one could help him. So sad.

Damn that’s too bad. Very sorry no one could help him. So sad.
It is. I knew him pretty well and on a couple of occasions we talked about it.
He said he tried everything meds, counseling, religion, and nothing helped. I remember twice going out there for parts and he was closing up early because it was putting him down that badly. On those days I was his last customer.
He had a lot of friends in the business, hobby, and racing circles and nobody saw it coming.
In fact he was expanding his business holdings and bought a place on a lake nearby. So it looked like he was building up for the future.
He also had an extensive DIRT racing personal and general memorabilia collection that he was going to donate and help set up displays at the DIRT museum in Weedsport NY.
This included restoring a couple of his own DIRT cars he used to race.
Just a damn waste.

It is. I knew him pretty well and on a couple of occasions we talked about it.
He said he tried everything meds, counseling, religion, and nothing helped. I remember twice going out there for parts and he was closing up early because it was putting him down that badly. On those days I was his last customer.
He had a lot of friends in the business, hobby, and racing circles and nobody saw it coming.
In fact he was expanding his business holdings and bought a place on a lake nearby. So it looked like he was building up for the future.
He also had an extensive DIRT racing personal and general memorabilia collection that he was going to donate and help set up displays at the DIRT museum in Weedsport NY.
This included restoring a couple of his own DIRT cars he used to race.
Just a damn waste.
Wow

Auto Transport Service
Back