• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reserve not met. What a pile of ****.

P. T. Barnum said it best: "A sucker is born every minute".

Cars are a perfect example that shows, as Ben Franklin said: "A fool and his money are soon parted".

Not a Charger and also a no reserve auction, but here’s one I was looking at. It’s amazing how much only a V in the VIN raises the price. If it didn’t have that V, it’d be a quarter of that price. With all that frame rot, most wouldn’t touch it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125159727382

View attachment 1246578 View attachment 1246579

40F7D391-A187-4CBD-86BC-D36093638D54.png 851E2E73-F378-4D3C-BC97-F510D14E84B5.png

Last edited:
That POS is worth its weight in dog ****…. But as has been said “There’s a sucker born every minute”

I wouldn't want to have to buy the WELDING SUPPLIES that it would take to get that POS half right!

For posterity:

VIN: XP29G9G287099
s-l400 (43).jpg
s-l400 (44).jpg

That road runner belongs to a very good friend of mine.. I spent some time looking it over last Saturday. Its a huge project, I wouldn’t rebody it.. I would do it the right way if it was mine. Hopefully someone returns it to its former when it was new, it was a pretty car then I’m sure.

"The floors actually seem pretty solid.."

Wow - $12.6k for that? Does that include a tetanus shot? He’ll through in a rear seat!:rofl:

Usually a guy who’s asking that much for a pile of crap won’t include that many detailed photos. What an amateur!

No revelation but most old project cars you could expend some labor and part out and sell off the parts for more money than what someone would pay for the whole hulk. This one may break the mold - at least to a couple of bidders.

Hey, guys, I've personally seen a charger WORSE that that sell for MORE. It was a road-worthy car in primer, but looked like the lower half sat in the ocean. He got 15 for it. There's a sickness going around, called chargeritis.

Imagine the beer money it will take to get that thing going again.

Goes to show how fortunate one who has a nice Gen II #2-3 Charger? I believe it's a #5 car by condition.

#1 = Concourse level condition. And/or full unrestored excellent condition.

#2 = Show quality with some street use. (What everyone wants.)

#3 = Driver quality. Showing driving wear. Some underneath rusting.

#4 = Project quality. Most components present. Body work needed. Mechanical requirements and component replacement needed.

#5 = Parts quality. Many major components missing. Extensive body frame work required. VIN/Tag damage/missing.

JMO.

Hey, guys, I've personally seen a charger WORSE that that sell for MORE. It was a road-worthy car in primer, but looked like the lower half sat in the ocean. He got 15 for it. There's a sickness going around, called chargeritis.
I recently watched a base, 318 c.i. beige Charger w/ rust repair, poor modifications, and water leaking into the trunk go for 50K on eBay!! :realcrazy:

Auto Transport Service
Back