• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration of headlight bezels - 68 GTX

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know a good reliable source to restore 50 year old head light bezels. Not to bad - just worn and pitted from road use over the years. I've seen some Nos for prices I wouldn't pay. So I'm looking at restoration - and hopefully something g more reasonable.

Any FBBO Bro know the source?

Check with 5.7 Hemi on here for advice. I plan to take my grill and bezels to him at Fall Fling for R+R. Just paint though. NOS and some adds ON HERE are nuts.

I used King of Trim in CA for the bezels on my 67 GTX. Nice work, but pricey - $500. The aluminum parts generally have to have the anodizing removed. When done properly, either stainless or aluminum end up looking like chrome. A good shop will also repaint as original - in my case black and dark argent texture paint using an etching base. They also re anodize the part so you don't have to continually polish it if aluminum.

It is hard to tell if some parts are chrome, stainless or aluminum when they are finished as they all look like chrome The process for any is very time consuming and very expensive.

I can do it, but re-anodizing the parts is out of my realm as I do this stuff in my garage.

Auto Transport Service
Back