• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoring/maintaining rubber seals

funknut

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Looking for advice and experience on what to use to keep rubber seals (window, trunk, etc.) in good shape. They're pretty decent now, but rather than let them dry out and replace them at some point in the future, I'm wondering if there's a way to maintain them.

I like the 303 line of products and saw this:

https://www.amazon.com/303-Rubber-Protectant-Conditioner-Weather/dp/B00T44D1R2

Has anyone here used it or what other suggestions do you have for weather seals or other rubber parts?

Thanks in advance.

I use 303 on the vinyl top and on the seals. Great stuff.:thumbsup:

Silicon spray is a great way to maintain these
parts
Wipe them down once in awhile stay good for
a long time.

Mothers "back to black" is phenomenal......I have used that to bring good original seals back to life.....

IMHO, 303 is the best there is. Haven’t tried the others. Comes packaged with roof vents and others.

Dow corning 33 it is recommended to preserve the rubber baffles inside midland ross power brake boosters. Thin out with some mineral spirit

Wanted to give this a bump... any updated info? I want to protect the seals on the back quarter windows of my wagon because I'm never finding them again..
I have 303 protectant at home but it there any particular version of it to use or something better?
Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back