• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

retaining clips

happyjackdaddy54

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
What is every one using to secure the side trim on 64 Fury HT? Its the last thing I need

I bought the replacement clips for my 64' Polara ( different then yours) and they were junk. Clips were too narrow to hold the trim correctly. I ended up using Auveco #19378 cut to fit metal clips with 10-24 threads, worked perfectly. On the narrower 1/2" wide trim i used #19626 and modified them by cutting off the wire and looped wire retainer section which makes them exactly 1/2". You can cut them with a pair of side cutters. If i remember correctly i bought both clips off of ebay or Amazon

I bought the replacement clips for my 64' Polara ( different then yours) and they were junk. Clips were too narrow to hold the trim correctly. I ended up using Auveco #19378 cut to fit metal clips with 10-24 threads, worked perfectly. On the narrower 1/2" wide trim i used #19626 and modified them by cutting off the wire and looped wire retainer section which makes them exactly 1/2". You can cut them with a pair of side cutters. If i remember correctly i bought both clips off of ebay or Amazon
THX for the info

Auto Transport Service
Back