• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Retrofit Modern Mopar Calipers?

Badvert65

Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully adapted modern Mopar aluminum calipers to work with older spindle/rotors?
I converted my 65 Belvedere from front drum to front disk brakes using spindles, calipers, and such from a 75 Valiant. I was curious to know if modern Mopar calipers, say from a late model Charger or Challenger could be made to work. This is for a street/strip car, so I really like the idea of the aluminum calipers vs cast iron.

I read some posts on dodge charger .Com of conversions using drum brake spindles and hubs using o5 and up mustang calipers.........all Mopar parts would be better.!

I read some posts on dodge charger .Com of conversions using drum brake spindles and hubs using o5 and up mustang calipers.........all Mopar parts would be better.!
I used the brackets and went this route on my convertible. Worked out great

I am a diehard Mopar (nut) fan, so I figure, if I am going to do it, it will be all Mopar. I have the old calipers from my 07 Magnum RT. I have to wait until I get my front suspension back on the Belvedere before I can try to check fitment. FWIW, the 75 caliper/bracket weighs in at 12.72 LBS, while the 2007 RT (dual piston) caliper/bracket weighs in at 9.856 LBS. This amounts to a 3 pound saving per side but does not take into account the 07 larger brake pads or whatever adapter plate would be needed. I don't know if there are other Mopar assemblies that would be better suited. This is just what I currently have on hand.

DSC_4142 (Large).JPG
Has anyone successfully adapted modern Mopar aluminum calipers to work with older spindle/rotors?
I converted my 65 Belvedere from front drum to front disk brakes using spindles, calipers, and such from a 75 Valiant. I was curious to know if modern Mopar calipers, say from a late model Charger or Challenger could be made to work. This is for a street/strip car, so I really like the idea of the aluminum calipers vs cast iron.

Sure, people have been doing it for a long time. I might have been the first to do it, I had Viper calipers on my Coronet back around 2002. Don't know of anyone who did it earlier but it is possible. I even showed how to do it in the B body book that I wrote a few years back. My Duster has Viper calipers on it. This is such a common thing that you can buy a complete Viper kit from Doctor Diff for A, B or E body cars.

View attachment 973139

Sure, people have been doing it for a long time. I might have been the first to do it, I had Viper calipers on my Coronet back around 2002. Don't know of anyone who did it earlier but it is possible. I even showed how to do it in the B body book that I wrote a few years back. My Duster has Viper calipers on it. This is such a common thing that you can buy a complete Viper kit from Doctor Diff for A, B or E body cars.

End thread lol...

I put gen II viper calipers on my 73 Cuda but I had to make the mounting plates. AR Engineering used to make them but doesn't seem to be doing so now.

I put gen II viper calipers on my 73 Cuda but I had to make the mounting plates. AR Engineering used to make them but doesn't seem to be doing so now.

Doctor Diff sells a kit for that. His kit is a little better than my old kit since he also has a way to use a 1.25 thick rotor.

Auto Transport Service
Back