• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reverse light harness help please

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
1970 Bee 4 spd which one and whats the plug for? Pics 1st Brewers 2nd Yearone
BLH.jpg

previous
l38455a.png

Close

Either one should work, the bottom one includes the connector for the BU lights, top one is just bare terminals. The third wire is for the REVERSE light on the dash.

Yes you have dadsbee and thank you. I would think the harness would be 2 plugs 1 for switch on gearbox and 1 female for the bulkhead plug what would be the wire on the Yearone harness for slot z for reverse??And were to order male plug for bulkhead slot c&d?

I bought my harness from Brewer's. Think I swapped it into my OE plugs.. let me look...

What I got from Brewer's and inserted into my OE dual connector and the "Z" spot for the dash reverse light.
beerestoration2017 340.JPG

I wish mine was that clean,thanks for all your help dadsbee :thumbsup:

Dadsbee I am having the same issue mine goes from the transmission straight to the bulkhead Got any suggestions for a fix. What is the black and white wire out of the bulkhead used for?
Thanks in Advance
Bryce

20190723_191247.jpg

Is it different for a 68 GTX? There's a green and white wire in the z slot. I bought my harness from Evans in Pennsylvania.

Is there a dash light on a '68?.. and yes from what we've discussed around here something else takes residence in that spot on a '68's firewall harness.

Yes there is a light on the lower dash. Any suggestions. The old reverse light had a purple wire so I plugged the new one into the purple wire from the harness.

Someone sorted this out on a '68.. but I can't remember who it was, but I remember it got feed from the kick panel harness instead I believe .. Help guys .. @The Rebel @showard

Auto Transport Service
Back