• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reverse threads on 69 Charger

Robby442

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Does a 69 charger have reverse(left threads) on the drivers side? Or, did Chrysler stop this in 68 or earlier?

My '70 Charger has left hand threads on the left side.

My '70 Bird still has lefties on the drivers side. I changed my '69 Bee over to all rights back in '80.

I'm thinking of going 100% left hand threads on both sides as a theft deterrent; or maybe a mix of LH & RH threads on each wheel.:drinks:

I'm thinking of going 100% left hand threads on both sides as a theft deterrent; or maybe a mix of LH & RH threads on each wheel.:drinks:
Novel idea! That should create a hassle for numbfucks who wanna steal your wheels - could be PIA when you want to take your wheels off..."Which one did I leave as a LH thread again"? lol

Novel idea! That should create a hassle for numbfucks who wanna steal your wheels - could be PIA when you want to take your wheels off..."Which one did I leave as a LH thread again"? lol
No problem for me. I'm one of "those people". :rolleyes:

No problem, the left hand lug nuts have an 'L' on them and when reinstalling them the studs have an 'L' on the end. What you have left is right.

Last edited:
It's not a 7? :D

And most of you guys are aware --- that I have Every LEFTY wheel stud at this moment in time.....
Big Block, Small Block, Drum and Disc, Front & Rear,
All years.....N.O.S. Only, of course.....
Mopar utilized LEFTYS through 1970 by the book --- and some Early 1971s came through with them....
Yours, Craig

No problem, the left hand lug nuts have an 'L' on them and when reinstalling them the studs have an 'L' on the end. What you have left is right.
Yeah - I changed mine on my '63 Plymouth - if the bad guys trying to steal the wheels can read - questionable of course, they might see the 'L' knowing it's for left thread...but then they might get confused not knowing how to turn the wrench in the other direction...

Auto Transport Service
Back