• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Review of QF Brawler 750 CFM Race Carb on 383, 727 AT

JackpotJim

Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
Use or disregard this info as you see fit, but it's always nice to hear about a carb purchase when it works out. I have a 66 Coronet, 383, 727 auto, 4.10 rear gear. Mild cam, headers, MSD Digital 6 Plus, Edelbrock Performer RPM, 2500 rpm converter. 28 inch tall 10 inch MT cheater slicks. I purchased a Quick Fuel BR-67331 750 CFM Brawler Race Carburetor with Mechanical Secondaries after reading quite a few reviews. I basically unboxed it, installed the Mopar kickdown bracket and fuel line from my other QF carb. Bolted it to my manifold and fired it up. Adjusted the floats, idle air screws were dead on out of the box. (I might have opened them a 1/8 of a turn) This carb runs like it was built for my car. Incredibly strong running from 2500 up to 6000 rpm. This new carb replaced a Quick Fuel 780 CFM with Vacuum secondaries I had but could never get it dialed in to my liking. My plan was to use the Brawler when I go to the track but honestly it works so good on the street and around town I'm just going to leave it on. I don't think I'm going to touch the jets for now. This carb was just over $500.00, Quite a bit cheaper then the Quick Fuel 780 I purchased this Spring.
I was a little concerned with the mechanical secondaries with the 727 AT but there is no hesitation, bog or lag. Only negative I can come up with is a occasional backfire through the exhaust after a WOT run but considering this is a race carb I'll live with the occasional pop. Figured I'd post my experience with this inexpensive carb since it seems to work so well and there is always a open conversation about carb choice for a 383.
71Ak-hxgQqL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. Looking at replacing the raggedy old reman Edelbrock on my 440 now.
"Brawler". :) Well, it's got the look anyways....
It's always sweet when a carb behaves itself with a minimum of effort, eh?

BTW, what issues were you experiencing with the other QF?

Thanks for the review. Looking at replacing the raggedy old reman Edelbrock on my 440 now.
"Brawler". :) Well, it's got the look anyways....
It's always sweet when a carb behaves itself with a minimum of effort, eh?

BTW, what issues were you experiencing with the other QF?

The QF SS 780 carb with electric choke was set up with 6.5 power valve, 74 primary jets and 82 secondary jets. I continually played with idle air screws but carb was never happy. Changed jets, adjusted vacuum secondaries, always felt like the carb was not doing what it should. Plugs were always a light brown or tan like it was a little lean. Someday when I have time I'll throw it back on and see if I can dial it in. Probably as much user error as anything. I'm not a tuning expert.

The QF SS 780 carb with electric choke was set up with 6.5 power valve, 74 primary jets and 82 secondary jets. I continually played with idle air screws but carb was never happy. Changed jets, adjusted vacuum secondaries, always felt like the carb was not doing what it should. Plugs were always a light brown or tan like it was a little lean. Someday when I have time I'll throw it back on and see if I can dial it in. Probably as much user error as anything. I'm not a tuning expert.
Me either, that's for sure - but that sounds like you should have at least been in the neighborhood?

Auto Transport Service
Back