• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revisited the 63 Imperial Crown. Should I buy

cbodybob

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Decided to take a look at this car for myself after one of the Field Agents videoed it last month. It was well over into the western part of the state. Long ride. Check out the video if early Imperials interest you
Revisited the 63 Imperial…should I buy it ?

There’s many older mopars I'd like to have from the late 50’s to early 70’s. The Imperial like many of them, was a unique car; a few years having a retro 30’s look (post head & tail lights). My guess is finding solid body parts could be difficult and pricy. Lol, (sadly) Imperials were a favorite for demo derby’s.

Having done a couple restorations, my first with my talented now departed dad, was a severe rust bucket. Only original body part after resto was the hood. But, finding parts for that car was pretty easy including finding many NOS parts. Swore off restoring another rust bucket. My 2nd ’63 Fury, was a CA car, night & day project! Heck, the original brake lines came off so easy and re-used them after already buying new lines. On the first project damn near every bolt and screw either broke off or had to cut off or drill out. Some guys are magicians with body work though; not one of my strong suits. All depends on the buyer’s interest in the car and gumption with restoring. And if the car is to be had at a decent price. I’m awestruck with some of the members having multiple cars – I had enough to handle the one I have!

I personally like these cars. I like the rear end without the "squirrel strainer" tail lights. It still has a classic styled face with quirky headlights on stands and a squared grill. The last of Exner styling before he got fired. The later Imperials got pretty bland. Nice that it is a 2-door hardtop as well. Usually these cars got used up for their 413 engines.

Of course you should.

Price?
I has the pleasure of driving a 63 Crown over Sonora Pass some years ago. Loved the 413 and the steering wheel. No AC though. Need lots of room for storage too.

Get this one instead if it's for real.

Screenshot_20220515-204623~2.png

https://www.carsforsale.com/chrysler-imperial-for-sale-in-raleigh-nc-C999170-L122087

"Lots of Bondo" and not being able to drive and test the trans ... I would have passed to, though it looked good at first.

if the price is right

Auto Transport Service
Back