• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rewiring with EZ WIRING HARNESS and have a question.

64SF

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
Started the rewire process with an 18 circuit EZ wire harness. So far it's been fairly straight forward, just have to think through the moves and double check before terminating. I have been using their instruction sheet (not the best but usable), the color schematic for the car and a more detailed set of instructions for an EZ wire harness I found authored by Speedway Motors.

I'm stumped on a connection and need some help with the "EZ wire power feed" to the stock dash gauges.

I've read many times gauge issues can be traced to the volt limiter. As you can see from the schematic the gauges the volt limiter has power coming from a splice off the "A" terminal of the ignition switch.

The oil pressure/instr lights/high beam indicator/RH directional indicator gauge connection shows a feed line, which is also spliced into the ignition switch on the ignition terminal.

The EZ wire directions tell you to "Connect the wire to the "I" terminal on the gauges that require 12 volt power. With that said do I attach the power wire to the voltage limiter terminal or the "feed line" going into the oil pressure side?

Rewire directions.jpgRewire 6.jpgrewire 1.jpgRewire 2.jpgRewire 3.jpg

Attachments

• Rewire 5.jpg
    Rewire 5.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • Rewire 4.jpg
    Rewire 4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,107
I'm not familiar with the kit you are using but there are some gauges that take a straight 12V feed, the clock and the tach. The ammeter also takes a 12V feed, but I would assume your kit bypasses that.

I'm not familiar with the kit you are using but there are some gauges that take a straight 12V feed, the clock and the tach. The ammeter also takes a 12V feed, but I would assume your kit bypasses that.

The kit has "constant" power lines to those accessories that require them like the clock. I am bypassing the ammeter and installing a mechanical volt gauge, oil pressure and temp. Just wanted to have the originals hooked up as well. :)

For the factory gauges to work correctly, the harness gauge power “I” lead would connect to the 12volt in of the factory voltage limiter. The limiter regulates about 5 volts to the factory gauges. The “S” terminal wiring would be the leads running out to the senders or sensors.

Auto Transport Service
Back