• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ride height with tubular LCA

hotroding383

Local time
11:54 PM
Reaction score
Working on a 65 Coronet. Pulled entire front suspension and converted to SSBA front disks. Rebuilt with QA1 uppers and lowers, dynamic strut bars, all new poly bushings. I will admit upfront I did not take ride height measurements. Once everything assembled and adjusted and I have the adjustment blades fully tightened/engaged, the car doesn't make my waist. I'd say the oil pan is only a few inches off the ground. I re-used the same torsion bars and wondering if they are "clocked" wrong? .960 bars that with the original LCA's had the "normal" ride height, and look to be older bars, did not remove from 3rd member so not on wrong sides. QA1 LCA's have a stiffener tab across the area where the adjusting blade rises and acts as a limiter. I did try to lower the LCA's as far as possible with everything disconnected, but I'm sure I rotated the bars some to get everything aligned. Hoping someone has some knowledge here to help before I rip it all out and try again.

Pic LCAs QA1.JPG

The control arms need to be all the way down, and then the adjusting blades need to be rotated down on top of the threaded plates that the adjusters screw into.

i had a problem with a qa1 passenger side lower control arm
it was clocked wrong from the factory
call qa1
i bought mine back in 2020

Auto Transport Service
Back