• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right hand side mirror

diesel_lv

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone make a RH non-remote mirror for '67 Coronet 440? I'm sure it would be the exact same as on station wagon and tow package. I'm doing a lot of towing my boat to the river and backing down is very difficult only seeing out of driver side and almost impossible in the dark. I found 2 on Year One but there is discrepancy. Part number FW869RH is listed by them as 2 things, 67-72 B-body Dart, Duster, Charger, Satellite and Coronet on their Ebay page and 68-70 B-body on their web page. Then they have part number FW834 on their website for 67-70 B-body left or right and looks nothing like my LH mirror as the previous one does. Pics of both. Any help would be great.
Screenshot_20221004-101255_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20221004-101321_Chrome.jpg

Which one do you have on the drivers side? Oh and good luck with the right side mirror. They are hard to place so they work. And they don't work well.

012.JPG

014 (2).JPG

The top one is correct, it matches the left side remote mirror.

mount it like the droves doe so you will look through the wing window at the mirror. You can see down the right side of the car with this on a 66-67.

I believe I found my answer. Apparently there were different types. Mine has a remote driver w fin down the back. I guess the non-remote driver didn't have the fin.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Screenshot_20221004-102500_Chrome.jpg

Which one do you have on the drivers side? Oh and good luck with the right side mirror. They are hard to place so they work. And they don't work well.

View attachment 1352588

View attachment 1352589
Ya, I read a lot of posts in my search about placement. Common opinion is just like driver, will look at it through wing window. And those that were factory station wagons confirmed identical to driver side placement. Thanks for the pics

The top one is correct, it matches the left side remote mirror.

mount it like the droves doe so you will look through the wing window at the mirror. You can see down the right side of the car with this on a 66-67.
They have a gasket but no backing plate. Looks like just 1 stud w nut and 1 screw. Not a fan of 2 point mounts. Would you recommend a very large fender washer inside the door to support from rocking/flexing?

It's kind of on a curve.

The stud is sturdy.

Don’t over tighten it, you will bend the door easily. Yes a backing piece would be great, but it must be curved like the door. The factory did not use one.

Right. I almost said- don't torque it too tight or the door curve will flatten out.

I suggest that you sit in the driver’s seat have someone move the mirror around until it is to your liking. The vent window should be fully functional. The two mirrors are not the same distance from the leading edge of front of the door on our car.

You can buy "Objects in mirror are closer....." panoramic glass to fit many classic mirrors if that is something you would be interested in.

I'm thinking about doing that for my 73. I checked and that cut is available.
Round should be no problem.

You can buy "Objects in mirror are closer....." panoramic glass to fit many classic mirrors if that is something you would be interested in.

Great idea. There's a reason why they did that with the right mirror. It is just too far away to be usable.

...and it is somewhat functional.

As stated above- better than nothing.

I use mine every time I drive.

Maybe you're not trying hard enough.

If they're aimed so you see down the quarter, then they don't show the blind spot.

I used a mirror off a '67 Fury Suburban for the RH side of my Coronet, and it's been on there since 1984. To solve the issue about over-tightening, take a fender washer and bend it slightly to resemble a dish, then use that; then you'll have far less chance of deforming the sheet metal as you tighten the mirror to the door.

A 4" round concave spot mirror fit my 66 perfectly on the driver's side. Never did get one a mirror for the passenger side. Even use the 4" spots on my 97 2500 and on the passenger side of both of the 1gen Dakota Sport mirrors with a 2" on the driver's side. Just wish other drivers would learn how to use their mirrors instead of relying on their damn alerts.

Auto Transport Service
Back