• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Right stuff detailing spindles

Slantscamp

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys. I was just wondering who has run the right stuff Detailing disc brake kit. I bought my kit from summit and it had been in the box for a couple months. Last week I painted the spindles and today I went to install them. I noticed the upper ball joint hole isn’t centered on the passenger side spindle. I don’t know how much this will affect getting a good alignment but I wanted to see What opinions you guys may have. I can always email right stuff detailing and see what they say.

View attachment 757568 C719EDA1-F27D-4128-8E82-A32FE66C3EA7.jpeg View attachment 757570

I suspect the hole is in the correct location for the geometry and that the issue was the forging or casting process.

I agree, but it's kinda cheezy.

The castings back then, (even now) are not "Precise". The tapered holes are drilled and reamed while
clamped in a fixture. That's what's important.

They will be fine. Run em!

all the responses make sense.....but you will only be sure when the car is on the alignment rack, good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back