• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rim and tire size for a 67

fnkmopars

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
wanting to put a wider tire on my 67 belvedere and would like to know what is the widest rim and tire will go in the stock wheel well and will not rub

I have 15x7 steelies on my 66 and I think the back space is 4.5". I have a set of 15x7 slot mags with less back space (3 7/8"?) but they would not fit. You might be able to get away with 8.0" but I'm told not 9". My car sits low because of sagging springs and it rubs going up a driveway at a funny angle when the body twists. Otherwise no problems.

Mine is the green one at the top of the page.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=2182&page=2

i belvedere has a lip outward that a coronet does not have that makes a little bit bigger tire fit i found this out when i sold my wheels to a guy on here with a 67 coronet and the rubbed a little bit on the quaters

that will be good.i'm trying to put a bigger tire on and dont want to buy but one set.i have 5.5 road wheel on it now.

This question comes up often and the only real way to answer it is to first determine what back spacing you plan to use and what tire profile you plan on usings (50-60-70)

What I think you will find is that with a stock back spacing and no modifications to the springs or wheel tubs, and want a more or less stock look (and still fill the wheel well nicely) that a 255/60 15" with stock back spacing on 7" or 8" wide wheels is about the maximum to keep from rubbing.

If you are one of these guys that wants to run 18s or so, then you are going to have to rely on someone else for info that has experimented with the different varibles to come up with something that works and follow it to the letter.

thanks.i and keeping the stock look 14 or 15 with as big a drag radial i can get under it with out any cutting.car is stock with only 48,000 mile

Auto Transport Service
Back