• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rims size for 69 Bee

Mocajava

Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Gents, I need your opinion. I am Lookin at a staggered set of 18"Riddler Rims. The fronts are 8 " with a 4.5" back spacing and the rears are 9.5" with a 5.5" back spacing. Pretty sure the front will work but am questioning the rear back spacing and would love to hear if anyone is running this particular width and what 40, 50 or 60/ 215/235/285 series of tire can be run with this. I like the look and availability of 18" tires but don't want to buy a set I will have to return. Thanks for the help.

Rears with 5.5'' backspace will most likely cause tires to rub the leaf springs. Factory wheels that are 7'' with a 4.25'' back space are the normal, some get away with 8'' and 4.5 or maybe 5'' back space. UNLESS anything has been changed under your car from factory. We had to move the springs inboard on my 72 GTX to fit 20x9x5.5 back space. 40 series tire.

Of course all these cars are a bit different as far as what fits for wide tires. From what I have dealt with, 5.5" bs on the rear will probably hit your springs or be very close if they dont. 5" or 5.25" should work, but you need to measure before ordering rims.

Auto Transport Service
Back