• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP Duane Allman- 50 years

Moms68

Local time
10:08 AM
Reaction score
Many nights cruzin listening to the Allman Brothers Band, still one of the best bands ever. Me and my buddies got to see them 4 times, once at Watkins Glen, NY. which was quite an experience!! We camped out in a ‘65 Dodge van.

Duane died 50 years ago today at age 24. RIP

CE702E96-8877-400F-9CC3-37D65D37886F.jpeg

One of the best!

I was only 4 going on 5 years old, but saw the Allman’s at Steel Pier in 1970.

The "Best Jammin' Band" Ever ! Lot's of my life hours listening, and playing Their Tunes.
RIP, for Sure...

Being from Macon Ga, I can remember when they were just the hometown boys. Just went this week and heard Boz Scaggs, in his set list they played, " Loan Me a Dime." in which he first recorded in 1969 with Duane playing his wonderful slide guitar. I think Duane included that song on his Anthology album, check it out if you not heard it lately...

Motorcycle accident. He was rated second only to Jimi! One time around 1970 I was at a picnic in the backyard of my then Uncle in Law in Bethlehem, Pa and Greg was next door. My closest memory. RIP.

Yep, that was great tunes...

wow 50 years ago, how time flies
but I was only 12, when he passed
my oldest sister used to play his/their stuff a lot

Auto Transport Service
Back