• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip to Boston, Then Maine

slepr1

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
We are doing a quick one week road trip (June 20-28) going through Buffalo, New York to Boston, then up to Maine and back. We are stopping at Salem and Gloucester for sure.

Are there any Mopar graveyards, car shows, interesting stops we should be looking at on the way? Any suggestions would be great!

No Mopar graveyards around here, but every other Thursday, there is a HUUUUUGE car show at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. The next one is a week from today on 6/25. Gloucester is a PIA to get in and out of and if you are liking for a flavor of an oceanfront town, you might want to visit Newburyport.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g41706-Newburyport_Massachusetts-Vacations.html

Also, be sure to see the Albacore in Portsmouth, NH. It's literally 1 minute off the highway.

http://www.portsmouthnh.com/thingstodo/todoDetail.cfm?TodoID=15&CategoryID=4

Where abouts in Maine are you going to?

Last edited:
Where abouts in Maine are you going to?

Thanks for the info. No destination in Maine so far except driving up to Portland. We typically do all our road trips on the California coast where the sights and landscape is what keeps us coming back. We only had 8-9 days this time so we decided see what the Eastern side looked like. We are looking for landmarks and interesting small pioneer towns and such. I secretly sneak in some car related finds too.

I'll definitely put all the suggestions in my road map.

If you feel like driving a little farther north up Rt1, Camden is a very pretty town.

It sounds like a good road-trip, make sure to take lots of photos, especially of car related stuff...LOL

good luck & Happy Moparing

If you like landscapes and such, I enjoyed Acadia NP.

And then, since you are all the way up there in Maine and feeling adventurous. Go to Campobello Island (in Canada),take the ferry to Deer Island and the next ferry to the mainland and head west to home.

Auto Transport Service
Back