• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roadrunner 8.4

8.4 ltr's x 0.61 {ltr's to ci's} = 512+ cubic inches ? {in the works ?}

8.4 ltr's x 0.61 {ltr's to ci's} = 512+ cubic inches ? {in the works ?}

you guys got it! 72 400 "630" block. it'll be 511 @ .035 over. been sitting on the stroker kit for sometime, just waiting on the right block. 511 6bbl has a nice ring to it dont ya think

stripped and ready for burn & blast / mag check

IMG_1277_zpsgev1umpe.jpg

IMG_1667_zpsulx7qfnx.jpg

IMG_1668_zpsrq29wj09.jpg

Great minds think alike...LOL

good luck & happy strokering...

all cleaned up! gonna do some deburing, a little work on the oiling system, tap all the threads, and check the deck height before i take it for machining..

i probably should have started this in the engine forum. if any mods see this please move it.

did some work today. completely de-bured the whole block. no sense getting cut every time i touch it. also this one had some nasty casting flash..

now down to business. want to keep my flat tappet lifters happy, i do this with rollers also..
debured the top, bottom, and oil hole. went over the chamfers with some emery cloth. then a few lite strokes with my ball hone. idea is not to remove material but to just clean up any burs. if your finger can snag it so can your lifter.
IMG_1707_zpssdocgvlg.jpg
[/URL]

next it was time to ream out the oil feeds to the mains. some blocks are pretty good, this one was not. normally you would not touch #1, i did on this block. i ran it up to the feed galley because it was small

pulled the dowl pins. filed and stoned the decks to see what i had. its not bad. i put my straight edge across it, maybe .0015 low in a spot on the passenger side.

- - - Updated - - -

time to check the deck height. this may look very crude, and it does not take into account if the decks are tapered form end to end but its a damn good ball park. believe it or not im usually within .002 + or - . doing the math i look to be roughly .005 out of the hole before i even start.

You might want to have the lifter bore alignment checked also. I took out my first cam and lifters due to misalignment.
Mike

You might want to have the lifter bore alignment checked also. I took out my first cam and lifters due to misalignment.
Mike

i know there not usually perfect, and if i still worked in a machine shop i would check it out and possibly bush them. But, for what im doing it'll be just fine.

Is the 6 pack going to have a 500 cfm center carb ;0)

Is the 6 pack going to have a 500 cfm center carb ;0)

ssshhhh!!!!, its just gonna be a little 383 six pack :nono:

worked the oil system for a 1/2 pick up, also opened up the feed to the pump to 0.600

wanted to see where i needed the housing bore's at when it gets aligned hone with studs. the crank is a little under the low limit. and the housing on the block is 2.8185 so its .0005 over high limit. looks to have around .0033 main clearance with the quick spot check i did. i'd like to land it around .0027-.0030 on main clearance, so i'll have them stick it at high limit or a touch over and it should be about right. the crank journal consistency is average +/- .0004. i can always take a touch off the caps myself if i need to tighten it up. i'd rather be loose then tight.

brown truck showed up yesterday just in time for Christmas carrying my Comp solid FT. Block is at machine shop. should be able to get this dude assembled in the next month or two once the block comes back.

Looks great. What are the cam specs?

its a Dwayne Porter grind. 260/266 @ .050 .390 lobe lift on a 110 im running a 1.6 rocker so .624 lift

i had an idea were i wanted to be on duration (with as much lift as possible), but i'm no expert on all the different lobes available for a flat tappet. He's extremely knowledgeable on whats available and what works well. The idea is this is still a driver, i didn't want to sacrifice durability for power. The lobes he picked out should last a long time for what im doing. if you took Ron's (383 man) cam and downsized it one size that would be mine. Reason for that is my car is heaver and im still running a standard port window.

its a Dwayne Porter grind. 260/266 @ .050 .390 lobe lift on a 110 im running a 1.6 rocker so .624 lift

i had an idea were i wanted to be on duration (with as much lift as possible), but i'm no expert on all the different lobes available for a flat tappet. He's extremely knowledgeable on whats available and what works well. The idea is this is still a driver, i didn't want to sacrifice durability for power. The lobes he picked out should last a long time for what im doing. if you took Ron's (383 man) cam and downsized it one size that would be mine. Reason for that is my car is heaver and im still running a standard port window.
I was going to say thats close to my cam as mine is 264 & 270 @ .050 with .585 & .592 lift with a 110 LSA. And I use 1.6 rockers for around .630 lift. I really like the cam Dwayne speced for mine. He is very good at it. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back