• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roadrunner fender tag decoding

WILLIAM BEATY

Local time
11:19 AM
Reaction score
I have went to a few different online decoding and it doesn't seem to come up the same every time can someone please help me out? Thanks
fender tag.jpeg

I could be wrong but I think you have yourself a bogus fender tag my friend. the spacing is all wrong, and it shouldn't start lower left with the RM...as i said i could be wrong. here's my old 69 fender tag for reference.
IMG_4897.jpg

Last edited:
This tag had original paint and is on my J code Hemi rr # matching body #s and Motor#s...why do you this it is bogus?
where is the "J" code in the vin? mine was an H code 383 car, and you can follow the vin RM23"H"...which yours does not do...and that sequence in the upper right has too many digits...and there's no "END" code- unless the line worker was hammered drunk or hungover.

Last edited:
e74 designates 426 hemi w 2x4s my brother a12 does not show an M on the tag and is also laid out the same way

That's a Lynch Road tag

...and a '68

OK, I stand corrected.

Last edited:
thanks for looking at it..9a is 69 lynch road car...I get the basics but just want to verify some things..

I'm no Lynch Rd or 1969 tag expert, but it looks like F8 painted body and top, 7X (black) stripe, and air grabber hood. H2X is the interior code and 131 should be the scheduled build date (Jan 31 1969)

*edited because I typed in the wrong year!

Last edited:
thanks for looking at it..9a is 69 lynch road car...I get the basics but just want to verify some things..

Yes it is! Google decoding Lynch road fender tags and you’ll get there. I used to know the one really good site for it but they are out there.

26 means 26 inch radiator, n96is air grabber, f8 is of course the colour, h2x is the interior trim grade and x9 the colour of it (I Think), then above the other codes represent engine and differential codes as well as sequence numbers etc. The lynch road tags did not include a ton of information on them like the other plants LA etc...

learn something new everyday...lets see a pic of this Hemi?!!

This Road Runner is currently on a rotisserie and motor is being built.. no rust was a race car for a long time. Just want to make sure I have everything to do this car justice. This car will be driven and enjoyed, not trailered!

Thanks for all the help so far. My first day on the site but A MOPAR guy through and through. Just brought my new baby home in my 66 Coronet...Mopar is in her Blood!!!

X9 is upper door frame paint, which is black. 922 is the last three digits of the engine assembly, which is hemi with auto. 999 is the rear end code which usually means special order, and is what they used on the A12 cars, which had 4.10 danas with eleven inch brakes. 094 is the trans code for hemi auto. The other numbers on the left have to do with the fixture the body shell was built in, and a sequence number, I think. That sequence number is a little different than the vin sequence number, on all the ones I have seen.

So correct me if im wrong...it didnt have the black hood treatment ? it had black pin stripes down the side of the car? car had been repainted only underhood was still green

Build date is 1/31/69. 922 means hemi auto engine, 999 is 4.10 sure grip dana (all pass dana's were sure grip) with 11"brakes all around (drum), 094 is a hemi torqueflite, top row is , in order, gate series, line sequence, and year plant and vin.
Dark green hemi rr hdtp, black int and stripe, fresh air hood, 26"radiator. About all you can get from the tag. Got broadcast sheet?
V 21 is the code for the blackout treatment on the hood, not on your tag. I do not know if that would have been on a lynch road tag, my guess is it would have been.
Yours would have had a longitude stripe, in black, at the top edge of the fender, however, there were two styles, a single painted stripe, and a double vinyl stripe. I'm not sure which you should have.
High grade vinyl bench seat , btw.
Edit: sorry for dup, R/T boy 67 is right, and beat me, i didn't see his post. Do you have a broadcast sheet? Lots more info on it.
Gorgeous 66 , btw. Interesting valve covers. Whose?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back