• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadrunner with pop out windows?

robertnb64

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
A friend is looking for a photo of a Roadrunner with pop out windows...I am not aware of pop out windows in a Roadrunner. Did any pre 71's come with pop out windows?

Did the 71 and newer Roadrunners have pop out windows?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

68 post car

you mean like this

t run 2 001.jpg

Yep. The 68-70 RM21 and WM21 had the pop out windows. After 70, they were gone

Roll down quarter window cars are Rx/Wx 23 and are referred to as a hard top. The "21" cars (with B pillar) are coupes or sedans

Thanks everyone!

I am helping a lady get a photo for her brothers tombstone. She wants a photo of a 69 Roadrunner with pop out windows. If anyone has a photo they would like to upload to help out I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

yep, but I bet it's fun as hell to get going! :yes::grin:

Richard

wow i bet thats hard to bring to a stop

Why? Because of the manual brakes?

My 66 Hemi car has manual brakes and is no problem at the end of the 1/4 mile all out. They came with H.D. police brakes and when in like new condition they stop surprisingly well. Completely different then todays big disc brake but still acceptable. The big problem is that after a real hard stop the drums fade and need some cool down time between panic stops.

The advantage of the drum brakes is you can run the fronts loose so there is no drag, unlike disc brakes that run a "0" tolerance and DO have a drag.

Why? Because of the manual brakes?

My 66 Hemi car has manual brakes and is no problem at the end of the 1/4 mile all out. They came with H.D. police brakes and when in like new condition they stop surprisingly well. Completely different then todays big disc brake but still acceptable. The big problem is that after a real hard stop the drums fade and need some cool down time between panic stops.

The advantage of the drum brakes is you can run the fronts loose so there is no drag, unlike disc brakes that run a "0" tolerance and DO have a drag.

my 69 road runner 383 has all new manual brakes and they suck, I cant imagine stopping that hemi , but yet that would be fun going forward

You try pressure bleeding them? I had the 11" drums on my Challenger. Had no problem hauling it down from 110.6 in the quarter.

BUT....if I had to do "round robins......"

sweet runner, btw

Auto Transport Service
Back