• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker recommendations?

I use 'em on my stroker with Trick Flow heads. Pricey? Yes. Quality? Second to none. Well thought out for oiling and way more shims than you'll ever need.

I use 'em on my stroker with Trick Flow heads. Pricey? Yes. Quality? Second to none. Well thought out for oiling and way more shims than you'll ever need.
You're using the Hughes? Thinking about pulling the trigger. My builder wants to use jesel or t&d which I'm fine with but figured I'd check around. I like the price of Hughes better than Jesel and t&d lol

It all depends on application and spring load. Street or race? Flat tappet or roller cam?
He's having the cam custom ground through LSM not sure on the specs I haven't asked. But he did say it will be a solid roller. Street strip 700hp give or take.

He's having the cam custom ground through LSM not sure on the specs I haven't asked. But he did say it will be a solid roller. Street strip 700hp give or take.
For a roller I would use T&D. They make common shaft and individual shaft. If the springs aren't more than 275# on the seat the common shaft will be fine.

You're using the Hughes? Thinking about pulling the trigger. My builder wants to use jesel or t&d which I'm fine with but figured I'd check around. I like the price of Hughes better than Jesel and t&d lol
You are fine with Jesel or T&D and you are thinking of saving a few bucks by going to Hughes? I put on Hughes to save a few bucks and then took them off and used Harland Sharp.

Hey, if you really want to save money use these...................

http://store.440source.com/650-Offset-Aluminum-Roller-Rockers_shafts-16-Ratio/productinfo/200-1126/

You are fine with Jesel or T&D and you are thinking of saving a few bucks by going to Hughes? I put on Hughes to save a few bucks and then took them off and used Harland Sharp.

Hey, if you really want to save money use these...................

http://store.440source.com/650-Offset-Aluminum-Roller-Rockers_shafts-16-Ratio/productinfo/200-1126/
Not interested in 440 source. First time build go easy on me huh lol I have a lot of questions that may seem dumb to some who do this for a living.

Not interested in 440 source. First time build go easy on me huh lol I have a lot of questions that may seem dumb to some who do this for a living.
You're gonna do alright. You were smart enough to pick up on my sarcasm.

I don't even know why I'm trying to save money at this point anymore, I got way more into this build than I ever anticipated what's the sense of "saving money" now that I'm almost done :poke:. I need caffeine

I don't even know why I'm trying to save money at this point anymore, I got way more into this build than I ever anticipated what's the sense of "saving money" now that I'm almost done :poke:. I need caffeine
agree, these wild ideas of ours are money pits > I have hughs rockers on my victor knock off heads. Aprrox. 700 h.p., was copied after a dyno`d 695 horse engine , but I`ve got a little more cam, and more headflow. No problem w/ the lifters so far. 1/6 ratio .628 lift street roller-solid.

In retrospect I would now use the absolute BEST of everything in my valve train assembly...Springs, Retainers, locks and Rockers. Spare no expense in the short run on these items.

I have been using these Hughes since 2011 on my car and they have worked awesome. But I run a solid flat tappet cam and standard rockers with my basic EZ heads. They have been flawless for me. I have not used their or anyone's offset rockers myself as I can only say these standard Hughes rockers have worked great for my application. Ron

413103746.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back