• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rockers.. anyone seen these?

jeepthrills01

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
Starting to tear down the 440...Found these on it. Anyone have an idea of the manufacturer or any info? Factory maybe?
15798339370156389728243316106826.jpg
Google hasn't been helpful.

Last edited:
what are we looking at?

Was hoping to make sense of how clean this 42 year old engine is. And the markings on the rockers...was hoping someone might recognize them as a certain brand which would verify some work or a rebuild.

Has anyone cracked one open and been this pleasantly surprised? I mean is this not uber clean inside? It looks freshly back from the hot tank.

Back in the early 70's I tore a 340 down that had used Havoline oil with a can of STP at every oil change and it also looked brand new inside at 88,000 miles.
Mike

There’s no casting flash, usually there’s quite a bit.

So you've seen the inside...heres the outside..grime central
20200123_191444.jpg

Even the underside of the valvecovers looks like new metal...no old rust or coke or grime spots.

Wow...a new.....Low?

Pistons sitting on average .170 below deck...run this sucker on 85 octane..lol

This was one of the last ones...cast date 04/12/78

Last edited:
the outside looks pretty good too, considering the greasballs I have dealt with. to me it looks to have been rebuilt using all the factory stuff

And I'm fairly certain someone was in here...it had a steel shim gasket with a blue top and bottom coating on it. Squeezed area measured .030.

Auto Transport Service
Back