1. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    Anyone have plans for the minimum requirement cage thats mandatory at 11.49? Can you get away with a hoop and struts to the sides of the rear seat with a bar halfway up the hoop for harness mounting location? any help or drawings are apreciated. Looking to eventually run 10.50 some day as a 10.90 S/S car

2. evanbrendel

evanbrendel Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    at kcir in kansas city missouri its a 6 pt cage

3. Gary67

Gary67 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    If you have unaltered floors and firewall, NHRA legal is a 5 point roll bar. You only need a door bar on the drivers side and that's good down to ten flat, unaltered floors and firewall. I believe the rear bars can't be lower than 5" down from the main hoop top. I just added a mild steel SW Racecars roll bar in my 66 I could have done 5 points but wound up doing 8, tying it into the sub frame connectors. Stock low back seats they might get you for a headrest mounted to the bar. I
    added one of those, unibody cars they want you to use 6x6x1/8" plates. My kit came with the plates...I bent my rear struts so I could still put the back seat in...I have a nhra diagram somewhere if I find it I'll post it....Oh, the crossbar can't be more than 4" below your shoulders, pretty sure anyway....
    Found the info, click the link....http://www.nhra.org/contacts/tech_faq.html

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.