• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roller cam and lifters

building a 1969 383 what are the best cam and lifter brands roller cam ?

Depends what you are building the engine for. If you are going NASCAR racing then you should talk to your crew chief and ask his opinion. If you are going to be running at Bonneville then talk to your engine builder. If it is a show poodle that never runs then it doesn't matter. Since you didn't tell us what you're building it is hard to provide a good answer........

He said it was a 383.

I don't think one 'brand' is necessarily better or able to be recommended over another... everyone has a favorite, or a horror story. Your best bet is to find the one that has the specs that most closely match the type of driving you're going to be doing (what Andy was getting at) and go from there. But you gotta know (and be honest) how you're gonna use it, along with all the tidbits like gears, converter, compression etc etc etc... if it all just makes your head spin there's pros that will help and even get you something custom ground (grinded!??) once you have your plan down..

Iskaderian is still one of the top makers and they have needle free rollers that are top notch quality. I have a set in my street hemi and matched themup with a isky solid roller. Keep in mind you have to bush lifters if your using an older block for proper pressure feed to bearings in lifters. This is critical. Cant say more your request doesn't say enough like what your doing..

I don't think one 'brand' is necessarily better or able to be recommended over another... everyone has a favorite, or a horror story. Your best bet is to find the one that has the specs that most closely match the type of driving you're going to be doing (what Andy was getting at) and go from there. But you gotta know (and be honest) how you're gonna use it, along with all the tidbits like gears, converter, compression etc etc etc... if it all just makes your head spin there's pros that will help and even get you something custom ground (grinded!??) once you have your plan down..

If your rebuilding a 383 and want to have the best combo for what your doing,,,,we have PROs right here!!!
PR Heads is a pro and doing MOPAR engines longer than he cares to admit to.You need to look at the rebuild a complete combo all working together for a power package.You might even send your heads to him for porting and proper blueprinting of the heads,springs,retainers,locks,,,,,,,well you get the picture!:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back