• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RON OSBORNE NEEDS OUR PARYERS

MOPOWER871

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Spoken with Ron few times, great guy. He needs our prays, God Bless him.

Roland.jpg

It is with heavy hearts that we are faced with the time to announce the failing health of our fearless leader and friend, Roland Osborne, publisher of Chrysler Power Magazine. As previously disclosed, Roland has been fighting against a brain tumor found in the summer of last year. After two surgeries, chemo and radiation therapy, and multiple other creative treatments, he fought the good fight, and fought it hard. Unfortunately, he contracted meningitis in January, and it took a hard toll on his efforts.

The tumor has since returned accompanied by a second one, leaving him in a vulnerable state. We ask for your prayers and continued support during this difficult time. We are committed to continuing his legacy, the parts business and the magazine. Although he may not be author, his spirit and influence will remain among the pages as his team remains faithful and eager to keep going with what he worked so hard and lovingly to create. Roland’s heart is with the community, as we know your hearts will be with him.

You can send cards and letters to:
Roland Osborne
PO Box 790
Quinlan, TX 75474.

Roland Osborne has been an influence and mentor for muscle car enthusiast all of his adult life. The guru of all gurus, starting National Hemi Owners Club while in college at Michigan State over 40 years ago along with Mopar Muscle Club to mention a few. Chrysler Power was the first Chrysler Hot Rod Magazine published. I've never known anyone like him.

Roland has a powerful personality that commands attention and enthusiasm. He is an adventurist at all times. Roland, with his team of few, have produced an amazing magazine. Roland's drive is the readers, builders, drivers, and the families we call his community. His magazine is mostly written by the readers, those who have the passion for motorsports, grease, tire smoke, and big engines. Roland's team of friends and family are all committed to keeping his passion alive ON & ON & ON. Tammy Maxey, Deaven Butler, and Roland are the drivers of this work of art. Roland and I thank you, Tammy and Deaven, for all of your hard work before and now.

Roland is here fighting with all he has, against an evil illness that takes out the biggest and badest of mankind. Roland's passion will live on in all of us and as Roland and Tammy fight, please know your prayers are greatly appreciated for them! We believe!

Love and Blessings to all...
Elizabeth Osborne

Friends Don't Let Friends Fight Cancer Alone
Leiomyosarcoma_Awareness.jpg

Note from Creative Director – Deaven Butler

A couple of days after the last issue went to print, our editor, Tammy Maxey, had to have emergency surgery, and it was discovered that she has been diagnosed with a dangerous cancer. Although it has slowed her down, nothing changes with Chrysler Power. She is in treatment, and the outlook is very positive.

Tammy has been a true blessing to the success of Chrysler Power, and she genuinely cares for the CP community. Now she is needing our help. Cancer robs you of your strength and your normalcy of everyday life. It’s dangerous, demanding and quite scary. We ask you for your prayers and would like to encourage you to let her know you are thinking of her. Cards and letters can be sent to:

Chrysler Power
c/o Tammy Maxey
PO Box 81041
Conyers, GA 30013

Email: [email protected]
We have also established a ‘You Caring’ donation page (similar to “Go Fund Me”) where those so inspired can offer a small donation to assist with medical expenses, etc. She is temporarily unable to return to her “day” job while undergoing intense medical therapy.

Please follow your hearts, and let's do what we can to help our editor. Thank you for caring, and thank you for your support of Chrysler Power. God’s best!

You Caring donation link: www.youcaring.com/tammymaxey-776909

I have met Roland once and talked to him on the phone. I am truly very upset about this happening to such a nice guy. In the times we have talked i can say he is a generous decent human being. Further more being a cancer survivor myself I am angry as hell this happened to such a kewl guy. I hate this ******* cancer so much and can't tell you people just how hard it is to fight. God has to give this guy a break please god in heaven.

Blessings for Roland & Tammy & Their respective Families.
Being in the foxhole with cancer myself, i can relate with clarity.

Auto Transport Service
Back