• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roofrail weatherstrip

charger10

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
it's been 10 years since I disassembled my '67 charger, don't remember anything about the weather strip. how to do you tell the left from the right roof rail weather strip . do you put a screw in the front bottom? the shop manual is confusing to me.
thanks, charger10

I am trying to put rubber in roof rail retainer. but don't know which goes on drivers side and which on passenger side.
thanks, charger10
SAM_1578.JPG
SAM_1577.JPG

Check the back side for the part number, ending in an even # is RH and ending in an odd # is LH

no numbers on rubber, but 1 has 2 red dots and 1 has 2 green dots.

It sounds like they may be repo replacements, I had an original 67 here and it has part number on it

Take a look at the length of the extrusion as there should be slight variation where the A-Pillar extrusion blends into the extrusion for the roof rail extrusion. This section of the extrusion will be the approximate length of the A-Pillar. Also the larger bulb of the extrusion generally fits to the inside of the glass so that the glass lays against the bulb. I am not sure on your application, but the A-Pillar end will have a "finished" end where the end that fits into the C-Pillar area does not always have a finished end.

These pic's should help... hopefully... I think this is the one your asking about.

Rubber1.jpg

Rubber2.jpg

yes, thank you

For my info -- you said one has two green dots and one with red dots. I was wondering if that corresponds with red being the ports side (left side) and green being the starboard side (right side).

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back