• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Root Beer - like or dislike ???

How many here actually like the taste of Root beer? And WHY?

• Love it

Votes: 69 88.5%
  • Loath it

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Drink it to fit in with the crowd

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Drink it all the time and Love it.

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
I used to work at a bottling plant, drank Hires all day long. Now you can't find it around here any more, not for many years. Sarsaparilla from Ace hardware is also good (haven't found it elsewhere). And I love black jelly beans! And that salted European licorice.

As to why I like it...it's refreshing and sweet. Slightly herbal - many recipes have wintergreen in them. I grew up on the stuff, our family bought the Hires extract and made it at home each summer.
DSC_1306.jpg

Hot day seating in the shade with a breeze blowing and a root beer float. It was a special treat when I was young. Great memories, thanks for the trip back.

Last time I had a root beer float must be 40+ years ago at our local dog 'n suds drive in. They had car hops and the gal came over with a float on the tray to perch on the window. Hot summer nights, top down, and a cold float with the date...nice memories.

Here you folks had a mass shooting.

Thought you were gonna end it with the girl spilling the tray into the car.

Last time I had a root beer float must be 40+ years ago at our local dog 'n suds drive in. They had car hops and the gal came over with a float on the tray to perch on the window. Hot summer nights, top down, and a cold float with the date...nice memories.

Root beer is the only soda my wife and i buy for the house. its our absolute fav. i keep seeing people comparing it to Black Licorice, there is where i disagree, i find black licorice appalling. but to each their own! That's a neat little restaurant there kiwi, they did pretty well making it look like a little American Greasy spoon diner!

I always new when I was a kid that when mom stopped at the A&W to get a gallon of root beer in a glass jug no less, we were gonna have homemade ice cream. Man those were the best floats ever.

We're not big soda drinkers in my house. When I do drink it though, root beer is my number one choice, followed by ginger ale. My overall drink of choice is seltzer !!! Very refreshing !!!

I like Barq's but don't drink any soft drinks much at all anymore. A 12 pack of Barq's will last me several months....

Remember this

We're not big soda drinkers in my house. When I do drink it though, root beer is my number one choice, followed by ginger ale. My overall drink of choice is seltzer !!! Very refreshing !!!

Sorry if I offended anyone with my dislike of an obviously very popular drink. I did say to my wife after I had finished with the float, that I didn't think there could possibly be anything more disgusting that I could put in my mouth tonight.
All I got in return was this cheesy grin. :D

Obviously it's not a Kiwi thing. :lol:

Just like Americans hate the taste of Marmite and Vegemite. I can see the parallel there. :D
Never heard of marmite, yet haven't gotten around to trying Vegemite. Might have to order some.

Auto Transport Service
Back