• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotary lifts

If you have a truck in your stable, make sure the lift you buy can accommodate it in width/height/weight etc.

Cool. Nothings a drag like finding out the one you got is barely enough for a muscle car.

One other spec to mind is the lowered height. You want to make sure you have enough clearance to swing the arms under your lowest ride

Yes i was looking into this also bendpak has that feature but this one should work also.

I have a 10000 lb rotary symmetrical. Couple things I will ad. #1, you need a 12 foot ceiling.
#2, I have a 3/4 ton 4 door long box RAM with a topper that has boxes and doors built in. That along with all the parts and tools I have it loaded down with makes it tip the scale at a touch over 9100 lbs. I don't feel safe picking that truck up even if it is just to clear ground for a tire rotation.
#3, my lift has the standard arms and it is a struggle to get smaller cars on because they have to be just perfectly centered because the arms don't retract enough.
So in hindsight I would buy a 12000 pound with a different arm setup.

I would think lifts are designed like chain falls and other lifting devices with a "safety factor" to protect the end user and company from overload failures.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back