• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RT Engineering tach adapter not working. 64 sport fury

64SFury

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
So, I bought the RT Engineering tach board, to get my tach working.
So far not working. Need help.
The tach actually works when you apply variable voltage to move the tach needle. The tach reaches close to the RPM it should be based on the RTE table of voltage verses RPM reading.
Bottom line I'm calling the tach good.
The board has all the input voltages and ground hooked up and tested with VOM meter.
The board sits in a foam lined bowl to keep it in place inside the console to prevent grounding of items that are not supposed to. Board is grounded via the ground wire to the chassis.
The test pads all have the inputs for voltage that I can tell with the meter.
Specifically the test pad for incoming 'points' signal (hooked to the neg coil terminal. Mopar orange box, electronic distributor) has varying DC voltage AND varying AC voltage whe the engine is running and revved up, down.
What I am NOT getting is a varying OUTPUT DC voltage to drive the tach. Bummer.
Email RTE and got one response that was not very helpful. Emailed again answering the questions. No response in well over one month. Support? Not so much.
Anybody have any ideas to diagnose this?

I used the rt-eng.com circuit board and received great tech support. Does your board have the built in calibration? If so, does that function?
I have some step by step tach videos I could send you if you'd like.

I do not have built in self calibration. I have 2 pots to adjust. Low and High RPM adjustments.
Very little tech support. Hope they respond better to you other folks. I'm not impressed.

Auto Transport Service
Back