• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber accessory mats

vegiguy

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone run across some generic rubber floor mats that are readily available at a reasonable price that fit the floors of '73-74 B-bodies? Classic Industries has a few sets to choose from but they are all over $120/set and say something like "Road Runner" or "Plymouth" on them which I'm sure the original ones never did, so they aren't very authentic anyway. Does anyone know what the original mats looked like, and were they color coded to the interior or just black?

Even though floor mats always seem to be optional on cars I always like to get them to extend the life of the carpet (which is also expensive to buy for these cars) and keep it cleaner looking.

I have a 73 RR Clone and wanted the rubber Road Runner cartoon mats that were sold by "Moon Eyes". Turns out, they didn't sell them here anymore, just in Japan. Why I never found out. I got the plastic backed carpet style of the same design as a set of 4 fairly cheap. I think I got them from Summit Racing but I could be wrong. I know they sell them on Amazon as well because I searched a while back. Funny thing is, if you have a Dodge, you can get those made of rubber at Advance Auto & other places for cheap, they are even in stock usually. These are the ones with Dodge molded in with the 2 red stripes. I don't know why but Advance Auto Parts, at least in my neck of the woods, seem to have almost no stock on decor for our Chrysler products. The have a big rack of hats with many designs for Ford or GM and even other ****, but no Ram, Dodge, or even Jeep! I am quite used to it as it has almost always been that way. They do carry non logo rubber mats in several colors. There are available carpet mats available several places that you can have custom stitched logos made. I had a set made years back from JC Whitney fairly cheap and on this site, others have had them custom made from other sources. Do a search on this site for "Floor Mats" & see what comes up. Good Luck! :)

Auto Transport Service
Back