• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber horn buttons

Tomcat

Local time
9:53 PM
Reaction score
My 71 bird has the 3 spoke wheel in B5 blue, but somewhere along the road the horn buttons were replaced with black ones, and this is eating at me, so I’m Looking for a solution. Anyone ever had success with paint or dye on the rubber? I’d be interested in original pieces if I could find some, but the only parts I’ve found are badly discolored from age.....any input is welcome. I’ve considered going to a tuff wheel or one of the rim blow knock offs, but I truly dig the factory wheel.....especially since my car is true B5 inside and out. NOS would be awesome if I could find (and afford) them! :D

My 71 bird has the 3 spoke wheel in B5 blue, but somewhere along the road the horn buttons were replaced with black ones, and this is eating at me, so I’m Looking for a solution. Anyone ever had success with paint or dye on the rubber? I’d be interested in original pieces if I could find some, but the only parts I’ve found are badly discolored from age.....any input is welcome. I’ve considered going to a tuff wheel or one of the rim blow knock offs, but I truly dig the factory wheel.....especially since my car is true B5 inside and out. NOS would be awesome if I could find (and afford) them! :D
I think they supposed to be black. This is out of my 73 Road Runner B5 blue
312EA2C4-A651-4AA1-906F-2193FCA99602.jpeg
312EA2C4-A651-4AA1-906F-2193FCA99602.jpeg

Here's a pic of light blue

s-l400 (4).jpg

s-l400 (3).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back