• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rumble Bee

I don't abuse my truck but it does get used as one.

Ram Jam 1.JPG

That was an appearance package simply designed to sell more trucks, There was no performance difference between them and a regular truck. I liked the Rumble Bee package. It was mostly original and didn't try to cash in on a classic name.
No offense to anyone that owns one but I thought the slapping of the "Daytona" name on a truck was stupid. I know, I know....they made these trucks when trucks were their only rear wheel drive vehicle. They were trying to move units down the road...
I don't care for the "Daytona" name being slapped on any new model for that matter. The '69 model was the original and it should have stopped there.

Is the big black carry handle on the back a quick removable sorta thing? I kinda liked em back when new, but didnt care much for the wing
They bolt on. I’ve never had any reason to remove mine because I don’t use the back for carrying stuff. It was a one year only truck, so I bought one. Much like the 69 Daytona Charger, one year only. Hey we all would much rather have the car but where can you find one. Out of 503 produced if I was to find one I couldn’t afford it. Lol

Pictures, as promised

IMG_1913.jpg
IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1914.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg

Unfortunately, I will not be buying it. Nothing to do with its condition, just would prefer something with 4 doors. 2005 "Second Swarm" number 3873

2ndswarm3873.jpg

That was an appearance package simply designed to sell more trucks, There was no performance difference between them and a regular truck. I liked the Rumble Bee package. It was mostly original and didn't try to cash in on a classic name........

So, you REALLY Bee-lieve that?? There's NO connection between creating a DODGE truck called a "Rumble Bee" and the CLASSIC '68-'70 DODGE Super Bees?

Bee name?
Bee logo on rear??
Bee logo's inside???
Scat Pack rear tailstripe????

Nah, couldn't Bee. Pure coincidence. :bs_flag:

Next thing ya know, they'll be marketing a "Daytona" truck too. :rolleyes:

Pictures, as promised

View attachment 1198353 View attachment 1198354 View attachment 1198355 View attachment 1198356

Unfortunately, I will not be buying it. Nothing to do with its condition, just would prefer something with 4 doors. 2005 "Second Swarm" number 3873

View attachment 1198371
maybe i missed it,but what were they asking for the truck??
kinda glad you didnt buy it,the yellow looks okay for a while but gets old,and is Very easy for law enforcement to id.

Yeah, after market. Everything is solid, no rot in the doors, sills or rockers. I did like the price. I just really need something with 4 door cab

looked at a couple of the Dodges this was one of the body styles ,but needed a bigger truck
2004-dodge-ram-srt-10-vca-edition-_0.jpg
tis was the other wanted different color and a manual transmission
2005_Dodge_RAM_SRT-10_8.3_Front.jpg
2005-dodge-ram-srt-10-quad-cab-yellow-fever-1.jpg

Last edited:
ive run single cab shortbeds before,i love them But,it was much nicer having all the extra space of the quadcabs.
i also just sold a 2006 quadcab for 2600 bucks,4x4 8 lugger with hemi and only 130,000 miles.
i rarely buy trucks for toys,and that is what id consider a shortbed 2wd.
( not saying the yellow one is 2wd,just noting what i like. )

Yeah, after market. Everything is solid, no rot in the doors, sills or rockers. I did like the price. I just really need something with 4 door cab
Looks like rot behind the fender flare in that one picture

And they did not come with black fender flares from the factory
Classic example of hiding something

You would bee surprised on what reason everything was blacked out like that

Do you live in the rust belt? If so everythings that's bolt on mouldings, flares etc is suspect.

Last edited:
Look guys, I understand about rust. On the back fender flare there are 2 black plastic washer that do not fit. I could look down there with my phone flashlight. There is some bubbling. I went over the "suspect" stuff with a magnet. I have lived here in the rust belt almost my entire life...ergo, I know what to look for and where to look. I was not showcasing this truck as a minty show truck. It is in very good condition for its age and being in the rust belt. I wish now that I had taken pictures of the inside of the wheel wells and rockers so you could all see that this was a darn good truck for the money. Not a show truck but something less ordinary, a work truck. Which is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I chose not to buy it due to really preferring a 4 door cab. Otherwise it would be in my driveway.

I wasn't born yesterday......jeez louise

So, you REALLY Bee-lieve that?? There's NO connection between creating a DODGE truck called a "Rumble Bee" and the CLASSIC '68-'70 DODGE Super Bees?

Bee name?
Bee logo on rear??
Bee logo's inside???
Scat Pack rear tailstripe????

Nah, couldn't Bee. Pure coincidence. :bs_flag:

Next thing ya know, they'll be marketing a "Daytona" truck too. :rolleyes:

I could have worded that better. My distaste was directed towards the "Daytona" trucks. Nobody with any sense would imagine a Ram 1500 rounding the super speedways at Daytona eclipsing 200 mph.
"Rumble Bee" was word play that was mostly original in my opinion. There were no "Bumble Bee" model cars but there were stripes on them with that nickname.
I like the Rumble Bee trucks. The stripes looked cool.

I could have worded that better. My distaste was directed towards the "Daytona" trucks. Nobody with any sense would imagine a Ram 1500 rounding the super speedways at Daytona eclipsing 200 mph.
"Rumble Bee" was word play that was mostly original in my opinion. There were no "Bumble Bee" model cars but there were stripes on them with that nickname.
Ouch !!!!! That hurt. Greg you’re not getting out of this one with out hurting someone’s feelings. Lol
74653B10-56FB-4F1B-ACFA-EE636F545E35.png
F41A1734-859B-4FEB-ACC1-BBB01B9EA689.png
A57C2C1C-8863-43A3-9374-E3380BA31D85.jpeg

I know what you meant Kern Dog, and I also have the same opinion you do of the company trying to capitalize off the classic names of the past, like the Daytona, Charger, Challenger, Rumble Bee, etc. They seldom, if ever measure up to the originals.

I was just making you own up :poke: to the fact that the very same thing was done with the Rumble Bee as was done with the Daytona that you deemed "stupid", but the only difference was a little bit of "word play" in the name. Its all good, we can't do anything about it anyway other than NOT buy the gimmicks.

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving Kern! :thumbsup:

I liked the looks of the "Daytona" truck except for the spoiler and the name.

Auto Transport Service
Back